Now at its second edition, the High Level Dialogue on ASEAN Italy Economic Relations, organized by The European House Ambrosetti and the Italy-ASEAN Association, is affirming as the place of reference to influence and to strengthen economic ties between ASEAN countries and Italy. Outstanding political and business leaders meet and interact on a concerted basis thus building mutual trust, knowledge, and strong and long lasting partnerships.
ASEAN countries are the 3rd largest economy in Asia and the 6th largest in the world with booming consumer markets (x2 consuming households by 2025) and the 3rd largest area by population. ASEAN countries are undertaking a process of regional integration aimed at building a borderless economic community. A comprehensive set master plans was put in place in late 2015, opening up a new phase that will foresee coordination between ASEAN’s 10 Member States in politics, security, economics, and society.
Italy has first-class high-tech capabilities able to match the industrial and developmental needs of the ASEAN countries. In addition, the industrial systems of ASEAN and Italy are similar, with a vibrant backbone of small and mid-size companies that may forge profitable partnerships.
The second edition of the Dialogue will address the following topics:
- Macroeconomic and geopolitical outlook of ASEAN area
- Doing business in South-East Asia, local partnerships and joint ventures
- ASEAN regional integration and impacts of Belt and Road initiatives
- Advanced manufacturing, artificial intelligence and 4.0 machineries and capital goods
- Innovation and digital hubs and value-added industrial partnerships
- Technologies for safety and security of land, sea and infrastructures
- Finance and trade agreements